Tuesday 8 November 2011

O God, in Heav'n Enthroned, We Bow

O God, in heav'n enthroned, we bow
Before Your majesty
And worship You, the Holy One,
Who had my soul set free.

To look to You, most gracious Lord,
Is what I want to do,
And hear from You, the living God
Of grace and mercy true.

Your love to me, dear Father God,
Is precious, rich and free.
For You had thoughts of peace for me
In past eternity.

How can I ever thank You, Lord,
For dying for my sin?
And how can I, my Saviour God
Show you my thoughts within?

I'll give to You, Lord Jesus Christ,
All that I am to use
In Your glad service, rich and free,
As You would care to choose.

And for Your glory, blessed Lord,
Which is my great chief end,
To live and work and even die
To preach the sinner's Friend.

But, Lord, I am so weak and faith,
I need Your grace within
To strengthen me that I may point
To Him Who died for sin.

Oh, Let me Spirit power receive
That I may serve aright;
And for Your Name's sake let me live
To show Your image bright.

Tune: (1)  Crimond
         (2)  By cool Siloam's shady rill

No comments: