Thursday 20 October 2011

My Debt To The Doctor


MY DEBT TO THE DOCTOR: An 110th Anniversary Tribute to Dr D Martyn Lloyd-Jones




MY DEBT TO THE DOCTOR
An 110th Anniversary Tribute to DR D. MARTYN LLOYD-JONES
Alan C. Clifford
Pastor, Norwich Reformed Church
52 pages pbk �3.50
ISBN 978-0-9555165-2-8
CHARENTON REFORMED PUBLISHING

Order your copy at http://www.christiancharenton.co.uk/?tid.hl.dtd

Approaching the end of my seventh decade, I wish to express my debt to a famous Welsh preacher who, under God, was instrumental in my spiritual development. He was the first of three major Welsh influences in my life. The second was my university education, the third being my beloved wife Marian whom I met at university in North Wales. This tribute is not so much an autobiography as a token of gratitude to God for the life and ministry of the greatest Christian preacher of the 20th century, expressed through the medium of eighteen letters I received from him during the last fifteen years of his life.

As a young Christian reared in Methodism, converted in Anglicanism and in the process of discovering Puritanism, I became aware of this London-based minister known as 'the Doctor'. Called thus by his affectionate admirers, the late Dr D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones (1899-1981) had been the minister of Westminster Chapel for approaching twenty years when I first heard of him. (from the Introduction).

The photograph of the Doctor with a youthful Rev Alan C Clifford at the Gateshead Church in the north of England where Rev. Alan Clifford was installed as minister.

To order your copy of this intensely personal book, click here, and remember to quote the order code TID.HL.DTD.  Thank you.



No comments: